Who Got Voted Off American Idol? Pia Toscano Shocking Elimination!

I bet the American Idol judges wished they had one more wild card to use this week. In a shocking turn of events, it was American Idol 2011 favorite Pia Toscano who was eliminated tonight.

The news shocked everyone and fans of the show (and fans of Pia) were devastated to learn that she would no longer be competing for the title. Other contestants who made it through this week with relatively no trouble were my personal favorite Lauren Alaina and the formerly-eliminated-but-saved-by-the-wildcard contestant Casey Abrams.

Pia was a fan favorite from the beginning. She was poised and talented but struggled to find a personality that stood out in comparison to some of the other contestants this year.

Do I think Pia should have been the 2011 American Idol? Probably not. Did I think she would last longer than this week? Absolutely.

I’m just as shocked as you guys to find out that Pia will no longer be on the show.

I’m sure there are many of you with strong opinions over tonight’s elimination so feel free to leave your comments about the results show below (try to be nice please)!

Did Pia deserve to be sent home tonight?

26 Responses to “Who Got Voted Off American Idol? Pia Toscano Shocking Elimination!”

1. Lisa says:

It’s not just about the singing..so Pia had a good voice. It didn’t keep me from changing the channel everytime she came on. SHE WAS BORING!!!! That is all there is to it.

Ballad chick wasn’t anything special.

2. Belinda says:

I am still shock and still pissed. if she is one of the best on the show then explain to me why the judges use the save on Casey then?

I ALSO BLEIEVE THAT CASEY, PAUL AND HALEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE BOTTOM 3.

I AM GLAD THAT STEFANO GOT SAVE AT THE END OF THE NIGHT BUT PIA SHOULDN’T HAVE GOT VOTED OFF.

SHE STILL GOING TO MAKE IT BIG.

3. Jane says:

And I agree totally with “Blank”. I had to look away each week as she prepared herself for her “Pia moment” because they are obviously painful!

4. Jane says:

Oh dear. I’m going to be a lone voice here, perhaps, but when I was writing my AI recap yesterday I had a strange feeling we’d see Pia go but I didn’t stick my neck out because she’s obviously talented! Sorry guys, but my comments yesterday made it obvious I was not a Pia fan. Yes she can sing, yes she’s beautiful… but I just felt she didn’t have the likability factor one needs for what is basically a popularity contest. She has talent but I don’t think she’s original. She provoked apathy in me and that’s not going to have people voting.

5. Marty says:

I felt bad that Pia was voted off. I wonder how far She would have gone, had she been on “America’s Got Talent” or “The XFactor” or “The Voice”? Maybe, Fans of those shows have More Common Sense?

6. Erica says:

I completely agree with “Underthebus.” Jennifer Lopez and Randy Jackson both said they were angry about the outcome. Well, they should be angry at themselves for wasting the judges’ save on Casey. I haven’t seen such a shocking injustice since Tamyra Gray was voted off early in Season 1. True, Pia needs to develop showmanship. She reminds me so much of Celine Dion, who isn’t the most exciting performer to watch but has an amazing voice. I hope some music producer is smart enough to take advantage of Pia’s remarkable talent and offers her a recording contract. Historically, only Idol finalists who finished sixth or better have landed contracts. I would hate for Pia’s current and potential fans to never be able to hear her beautiful voice again.

7. nestor says:

It was a punch right on the judges’ noses. They would never thought that their pet would get voted off that early. Too bad; they wasted their “save” thing to someone who just screams.

So… they were showing too much emotion. What if Stefano got voted off? Would they show same disappointment? It was too obvious that they were expecting Stefano to get voted off. If they are really fair, which they should be, they should just accept that all the remaining contestants are good and only one remains in the end. Too much drama. Why do I always think and feel that American Idol is nothing but American Joke?

8. Idol Guy says:

I am so mad! PIA, you will go far. I voted and you were my second favorite (next to Lauren of course) I really thought it would be the two of you heading the finale! Stephano, or whatever his name is should have left! You can sang, and just remember, Adam Lambert didn’t win either, and he has a “bigger” career than Idol winner Kris Allen! Never give up, PIA, you have a true talent, and I knw that she will go far! PIA was one of the strongest on the show!

9. Upset Fan says:

I watched it and I will admit that I cried because she has the most talent and the best voice on American Idol. I think the judges should have saved Casey because he sucks and Pia Toscano should’ve been the Season 10 American Idol, but nooooo. I freaking hate everybody in America who did vote for her!

10. Annie says:

American Idol will be NOTHING now. This is supposed to be a singing competition and she outsang Casey, Hailey and Paul. If producers thought this would boost ratings, they should be fired because they really blew it tonight!

11. Ali says:

This girl was truly boring – I would never buy her CD or see her in concert. I’m glad they saved Casey – he has a personlity and is fun to watch.

12. Michelle says:

This is a singing compition for crying out loud! How do you not vote for the most talented person on the show! Can’t believe that America got it so wrong tonight! It’s not about personalities or how well u can dance or even how good u look it’s about how well u can sing and she could flat out sing!!!!

13. Sharon says:

Can’t believe Pia gone. If rocker or Rod Stewart wanna-be wins, will not watch Idol again

14. Vanessa says:

I have to agree with the “Blank”. Pia insisted on singing ballads week after week so that she could hit that one high note. Even when she sang a Tina Turner song she still managed to turn it into a snorefest. She has no stage presence at all. The only move she knows is sticking her jaw out in the air while she hits that high note.

15. selam says:

Team Jacob all the way. good luck pia I think u a sweet girl.

16. Blank says:

I was not surprised. I commented last night somewhere that while she sings well but she is hard to watch. It is as if she has only one way to hit her high notes: body frozen, eyes shut, face knoted tight. I just hope she does not read this post.

17. gasette says:

Beautiful voice beautiful girl, no showmanship! The wildcard was wasted on Casey. The judges have no one to blame but them selves. Don’t blame the voters JoLo. I predicted this before the show began tonite. Scotty and James Durbin will be the last men standing.

18. I don’t normally respond, but America lost its soul tonight. Pia was undoubtedly the best vocalist. Like Jennifer Hudson, she will go places over whoever wins American Idol this year. This was a true shocker.

19. Jen says:

I am so mad!!! I am actually sick to my stomach! I don’t even think I will watch American Idol now.

Jacob Lusk should have gotten voted off for what he said about “being afraid to look in the mirror”.

20. Ken says:

Pia was the best. This is a gimmick by the show to make more money with call in votes. I hope she lands a big contract. American Idol should go down. I will not be watching anymore, along with alot of adoring Pia fans.

21. nilla says:

everybody knows that pia was seiriously the best out of all of them. Her pitch was perfect, and I am now mad at myself for not voting for her, I voted for lauren and scottie

22. JJ says:

I am in loss of words…I literally screamed.Pia had a good chance to make to the finale.

23. Sharon says:

I cannot believe Pia got voted off! If anyone deserves to be voted off it is Haley and Lauren. They have had several bad performances but they are still there. Pia is the strongest one there and should have won. It just goes to show you America still does not know how to vote.

24. jean says:

When the final moments of the show had all nine contestants dancing on the stage and Pia was dancing like Elaine from Seinfeld, I knew she had to go.

25. Underthebus says:

Here’s the deal. The Judges totally WASTED the save they used on Casey. He will never make it to the end of the competition. This is the kjudges fault for using it on a less than excellent prospect. Simon would have never used a save on Casey. Also, I think that most of the voters just assumed that Pia was a Ringer to move on to the next week and therefor concentrated more on other singers. This is the real reason the Judges are granted one emergency save.

26. alyssa says:

PIA SHOULD NOT HAVE GONE HOME TONIGHT! I HONESTLY THOUGHT SHE WOULD WIN AMERICAN IDOL AND I STILL BELIEVE THAT SHE SHOULD HAVE. REDICULOUS AMERICAN, WAY TO GO. PIA YOU WILL STILL GO FURTHER THAN EVERYONE ELSE ON THE SHOW DON’T WORRY. <3333333333