Emily is no stranger to the ABC franchise. She fell in love with Bachelor Brad Womack and won the final rose in season 15. Brad proposed to her and gave her a $90,000.00 ring (the most expensive in Bachelor history). Emily accepted the proposal but things soon went wrong between the two of them. Brad blamed himself but who knows?
Emily’s personal story is one filed with triumph over tragedy. She lost her first fiancé, professional NASCAR racer Ricky Hendrick, in a plane crash; the couple had been dating since they were 15 years old. Six months before Hendrick died, he proposed to Emily and just a few days after his death, Emily found out that she was pregnant with her daughter Ricky, who is now 6 years old.
Emily’s first priority has always been her daughter and that has not changed. In season eight Emily insisted that ABC move the entire production of the show to North Carolina in order to not disrupt Ricki’s home environment. Emily must have a lot of pull over at ABC because they agreed and filming began last week.
Now come The Bachelorette SPOILERS for Emily Maynard’s season so if you don’t want to find out what happens, then stop reading right now. Only keep on reading if you want to know which Bachelor returns, about the group dates, seven of the men and who the are, the first elimination and more…
Bentley Williams will return! Remember him? He was a contestant on Ashley Hebert’s seventh season of The Bachelorette when she pulled him aside during a group date to discuss how former Bachelor villain, Michelle Money told her that Bentley was only on the show to promote himself and his business. Bentley stormed off, claiming that he missed his daughter too much to say. He later revealed that his exit was more because he was disappointed that in season seven Emily Maynard was not the new Bachelorette. Woohoooo! So now she is, will sparks fly? Will he have gotten over missing his daughter so much (no I don’t think that’s why he left, either, but since it was his excuse… well, she still exists, right?)
On to some spoilers of The Bachelorette group dates. One of Emily’s dates will be at a winery in the Charlotte area, the only region on earth where you’ll find every major type of grape grown in the world. Another group date will be at the Booth Playhouse in uptown Charlotte in which all the proceeds will benefit the Levine Children’s Hospital, a place where Emily has done volunteer work in the past and the Muppets will be in attendance.
We can also tell you details of seven of the guys who will be competing for Emily Maynard’s affections, courtesy of Celebrity Dirty Laundry.
1. Ryan Bowers, a gym owner in Georgia; he’s a muscle guy who has played a lot of football.
2. Tony DeSarro, a Senior Associate at KPMG Forensic Technology Services in Georgia; he likes music and has even recorded a few songs.
3. Joel Gilson, a Medical Sales Rep for Stryker from Iowa; he has also played a lot of football.
4. Doug Clerget, Vice President at Kidder Matthews in Washington; he’s a father to an 11 year old son named Austin.
5. Travis Pope, an Account Executive for the Clarion Ledger newspaper in Mississippi; he was previously engaged to Lauren Jones, CEO of Lauren Jones Footwear and she and Travis were pitching a reality show, Chasin’ Dreams with Lauren and Travis, before they split.
6. Jef Holm, a young entrepreneur from Utah.
7. Aaron Martell, really good looking guy from Sydney, Nova Scotia.
So now you know about eight of the guys including Bentley. It’s soon to be nine but you don’t have to worry too much about remembering this next guy because the first person sent home, apparently even before Emily meets him, is actor and model, Ben Smith. He was definitely there ready to be cast, but for some reason, he was let go. Apparently he was not even told why, so there has to be some story there.
Rumour has it that Emily Maynard’s season of The Bachelorette will premiere on May 14th, 2012 in her hometown of Charlotte, NC. Of course, we’ll give you all the details as and when we know them.