One of the cast members of “Deadliest Catch” said in a recent interview that he’ll be back for season 9. When the previews were released last Thursday, Elliott Neese was noticeably absent from the sneak peek video. Fans of the show wondered immediately if that meant Elliott wouldn’t be back on the show.
When Elliott was asked by Examiner how he felt about Discovery putting out the previews without him in it, he was shocked at the response people had. He said he had no idea “people cared that much.” He notes that the Discovery Channel got the response they wanted.
“It was a marketing ploy the network used and it worked,” he said. “They got what they wanted, that’s for sure. What amazes me is how people believe anything they see on TV. They don’t seem to understand that a lot it is editing.”
Elliott said he learned from his mother-in-law about the Internet buzz over the “missing” rumors. By the end of last week, Yahoo’s! Trending Now had the phrase “‘Deadliest Catch’ star missing” and his popularity soared more than ever quickly.
One thing Elliott had to say about the negative press he often gets, is that the haters spend a lot of time writing him rude comments. He credits this to jealousy and having it all be part of being on TV. The “Deadliest Catch” star has also reminded several viewers that it’s all TV and you can’t believe everything you see on-screen because editing plays a large role in how things are portrayed.
What will Elliott bring to season 9? The show’s executive producer, David Pritikin, said Elliott faces more hardships ahead in the new season. He will captain F/V Saga, one of the bigger boats on the show. Last season he was captain of the Ramblin’ Rose.
“Deadliest Catch” season 9 premieres Tue., April 16 on Discovery at 9 p.m., ET/PT.