Casey Abrams Shocking American Idol 2011 Elimination: Thoughts?

Fans of loveable American Idol 2011 contestant Casey Abrams will be very disappointed to learn that the talented singer/musician was eliminated from the show tonight.

That’s right, it was Casey, Jacob and Scotty in the bottom three (although the bottom 3 were not necessarily those with the lowest votes) and Abrams had the lowest votes of all the contestants left on the show. The news comes as a huge shock to fans, who may have resisted from voting this week thinking that their favorite contestant was in the clear.

If fans have learned anything from this show, it’s to never assume someone is safe. This wasn’t the first time Casey was voted off the show this season. Earlier in the year, the bubbly, multi-talented performer was eliminatd due to lack of viewer votes but was, fortunately, saved by the judges as they felt he showed more potential than had been seen at that point.

They were right.

In the following weeks, Casey performed his heart out on stage every week (and even sparked up a romance with fellow Idol contestant Haley Reinhart) and seemed to be a shoe-in for the final 4. If there’s anything to say about American Idol, it’s that it’s unpredictable and that fact was proven tonight.

Maybe he should have kissed Steven Tyler? Perhaps that would have secured him a spot in next week’s competition?

What do you think of Casey Abrams’ elimination tonight. Did he deserve to be sent home?

12 Responses to “Casey Abrams Shocking American Idol 2011 Elimination: Thoughts?”

1. SilverFox says:

This is my first year watching Idol; I’m sorry to see Casey go; I loved his performence both nights; he can do jazz, pop and rock & roll. Jacob has a great voice but he is not that appealing in this forum. Don’t particularly care for country music but love Scotty, especially when he sang Elvis’ song.
    I’m torn on the girls. Now James…a true rocker; he’s way out there; he has the whole package. I thought it would come to a show-down between him and Casey. Now, I think it will be between him and Haley. Rock on, James!!!

2. krisles says:

best lauren & hailey leaves! im not a fan of casey but i must say that he’s got great talent. the other 2 girls are just nothing but annoying and filler for the show.
    im a huge fan of james by the way… and i must say, casey is a contender!

3. Cy-jhae says:

OMG! I really can’t believe it… I really like Casey and I know how great singer and musician he is.. This is really a very shocking elimination result… But I know there will be great opportunities waiting for him outside the contest so the best of luck to you Casey.

4. bajag says:

Why is this shocking, this is the second time he’s been voted off?

5. Margie says:

I agree with Brooke. I found the grunting and groaning forced and the face did not fit the sound. He looks like a fourteen year old and is trying to be a sophisticated jazz performer – didn’t fly with me. I think Durban, Scottie, and Haley will be the last three. I hope Durban wins; he has an amazing voice. Would buy his cd today if there was one out there. I loved Scottie’s Carol King rendition. Priceless. Beautiful.

6. Mel says:

He’ll have a great career …. he was one of my favorites!

7. jay says:

Casey out of the competition is a big shame, he made AI enjoyable to watch a consumate performer, Casey brought something different and refreshing and fresh every time. Again it comes down to voting and the demographic that is voting. I got nothing against country music but 2 spots in the final 5, that is a head scratcher. Casey will be filling halls and hearts, I am a huge fan.
    Casey I love what you do on stage, you have already written your big ticket and the sky is the limit for you and your extraordinary and multi talents.
    Jay

8. Nanda says:

F*ck Lauren
    F*ck Scotty
    Millions of artists sound just like them. Nothing unique like Casey has. Casey is one of a kind and I feel sorry for where this dumb asses Americans are doing to music.

9. Jenn says:

No, he really didn’t. Casey wasn’t only a great singer and great performer but also a great musician. They all are great, but there really are two levels of performers on the show. The great performers who would win in a normal season of idol. But this isn’t a normal season of idol because of all of the spectacular performers. Casey was one of the spectacular ones.

Unfortunately I think Lauren will win because of who the main audience is. She’s great, but not on that spectacular level. Though, I do think she’ll be able to do the most with the recording contract if she wins.

10. Brooke says:

I’m OK with him gone. He’s not someone I’d ever pay to listen to and found all his grunting and groaning quite annoying and unpleasant no matter what the judges found good to say about him.

11. matt says:

Yep it was time, hay he had to go sometime so whats the difference In what order, the motive is to get exposure right? so he will have a career like the rest.

12. bea says:

No, Casey didn’t deserve to go but at this point, nobody does… their all great. I’ll miss him and how much fun he brings to the show. Until we see him again…