Breaking News: Rapper Nate Dogg is Dead

According to a family announcement in his hometown newspaper, “Long Beach Press Telegram”, the rapper, Nate Dogg, (real name Nathaniel D. Hale) is dead at the age of 41. This not the first time that Nate Dogg was presumed dead: it happened back in 2008 but then he was found alive, if not so well, in a police cell. However, this time, the family have apparently confirmed the sad truth.

Fellow rapper, friend and sometimes referred to as cousin, Snoop Dogg Tweeted “RIP NATE DOGG”.

Nate, who was an important part of the west coast rap scene and collaborated on hits with many top recording artists including 50 Cent and Eminem. He got his break appearing on Dr. Dre’s classic debut solo album “The Chronic” in 1992 but he was really catapulted to fame with “Regulate”, his 1994 smash hit collaboration with Warren G.

He had battled bad health for years and despite his relatively young age, had suffered two strokes (one in 2007 and another in 2008) which had left him unable to speak,  using a wheelchair and paralyzed down his left side. He was still going through rehabilitation therapy but suffered various health complications in recent years. In November 2010, Warren G. appealed for fans to help pay Nate’s mounting medical bills.

The cause of death is as yet unknown, but we will bring that news to you as soon as we get it. For now, his family have conformed that he died unexpectedly in the early hours of yesterday morning at his home in Long Beach, California.

Nate’s producer and friend, Fred Wreck, Tweeted:

“What I wouldn’t give to hear him say “Roll One” just one more time. To the world you were a legend but to me you were my friend. iLuvUNate (sic).”

12 Responses to “Breaking News: Rapper Nate Dogg is Dead”

1. Ladysavage253 says:

ROLL ONE UP for da homie

2. Ladysavage253 says:

R.I.P NATE you where one of my favorite rappers in my days as a teen like u titled in one of ur albums ” NO ONE DOES IT BETTER ” you will be missed my family n I our prayers go out to ur family n friends n to those fellow rappers dat where close to u I also would like to say enjoy you time with those around u that u love cus life is not promised to no one and does not discriminate as in nates case cherish those moments and memories ill see u at them pearly gates when my time comes R.I.P

3. Gogetta says:

R.I.P nate dog u..i’ll miss you my n**ga

4. val says:

Damn. R.I.P Nate Dogg! U will be missed and remembered. Ur music will forever live on.

5. Prga912 says:

RIP Nate Dog, another solider gone but never forgotten.
    ONE Love.

6. dc says:

Hey sam…learn to spell bro…its peace, not “pease”, nigga please.

7. Lakenda says:

R.I.P NATE DOGG OG OF THE GAME U WILL BE MISSED. ROLE ONE FOR YA

8. riena lee says:

R.I.P NATE DOGG
    WEST COAST BITCHES

9. sam lesejane says:

Rest in peace Nate you will always have a good part of my youth

10. DAP55 says:

Gone but never 4gotten my dude. U have 4ever left ur mark on the Hip Hop world.

11. nina says:

rest in pease god has you now

12. RAPluver says: