Kutcher is said to be getting a “huge payday” to join the hit sitcom. The actor hinted at his recent job offer when he Tweeted, “’What’s the square root of 6.25?” The answer is 2 1/2.
The show’s creator Chuck Lorre, who is being sued by Sheen for firing him for his for erratic behavior, has reportedly written a storyline which will introduce Kutcher to the CBS hit which was cancelled earlier this year.
“People are going to love it,” one source said. Another source confirmed the news saying: “Chuck’s really happy.”
“Two and a Half Men” once topped the TV comedy charts, but Sheen’s drug and alcohol abuse, and all-round weird behavior jeopardized filming and angered the cast and crew.
Sheen has allegedly been trying to get his job back, but so far it has been no use. Now we know why: they already have a replacement in Ashton Kutcher! This is after negotiations with Hugh Grant allegedly fell through.
A Warner Bros representative refused to confirm or deny this rumor, but watch this space! It seems a deal has not yet been signed, but Lorre believes Kutcher is the right person to save the show. However, if a Kutcher deal falls through, Lorre has two back-up plans, apparently.
Sources close to Chuck Lorre say a decision on a replacement for Charlie Sheen will be made by next Wednesday (May 18). Of course, we’ll bring you the news just as soon as we have it.