American Idol Elimination April 14 2011 Spoiler: Who Went Home Tonight?

American Idols fans were shocked to see Pia Toscano eliminated from the competition last week but will they be just as surprised when they learn who was casted off the show tonight?

If you’re wondering who’s the latest contestant to face elimination, you may be surprised to find out that Paul McDonald is no longer in the running to be your American Idol 2011.

The always-positive singer – who sounded almost identical to Rod Stewart – was one of my personal favorites from the beginning.

He didn’t have quite as much personality and spunk as some of the other contestants this year (like Lauren Alaina or Casey Abrams) but he had a quiet presence that I, for one, took a particular liking to.

As he departed from the show, JLo gave him one last request: to sing Maggie May for the crowd one more time.

His send-off song was sung in perfect tune with the upbeat attitude I know many will miss.

While tonight’s elimination isn’t quite as shocking as last week’s, it’s still heartbreaking for some of us who really adored Paul.

Here’s hoping he gets a record contract too!

Do you think Paul deserved to be eliminated tonight?

9 Responses to “American Idol Elimination April 14 2011 Spoiler: Who Went Home Tonight?”

1. Jenna says:

Sooo happy that Pauls finally gone!!! He sucks and people who like him must have no ears!!! And Rod Stewart? Really? A dog sounds more like Rod Stewart!!!! He deserves to be voted off and shouldnt have even made it to hollywood!!???????

2. Jane says:

Out of the bottom 3, my favorite to go would have been Stefano. I am kind of glad a guy went rather than another girl, though.

3. TLC says:

Some of you are really harsh. I think if they have gotten this far they all deserve a fair chance. Sure I have my favorites, but I don’t think any of them deserve to be “dogged”. I really liked Paul, he was different and sang true to himself. He never tried to sound like anyone but himself. I think Scotty should try singing IF HEAVEN WASN’T SO FAR AWAY by Justin Moore.

4. lila says:

I loved Paul like the coolest best friend vibrant funky and relatable but more bar band kinda guy…Favorite guy and only one beside Hailey and Lauren I watched so hard to see him go.

5. Cy-jhae says:

Well, we are all aware that is no one is safe from the elimination. Although Paul has his own “personality” and the “unique soft voice” the remaining contenders are much deserving to stay in the competition. So, good luck to the top 7 particularly to Lauren and Casey! :)

6. Patricia says:

To be honest, I was hoping he would be the first to be voted off. His style of singing never really appealed to me.

7. ashley says:

i love paul he didnt deserve to leave i hate u people who voted him off u suck!

8. Julia says:

I have never really cared that much for Paul, but appreciated him as one of many top finalists this year that at least had a unique quality, different than in previous years where everyone sounded like your dime a dozen pop karaoke singers. I at least think Paul should have stayed longer than Scotty.

9. brandonf says:

i’m glad that he was eliminated, he is god awful. As for the whole Rod Stewart comparison, America is apparently tone deaf. Paul shouldn’t have even made it through hollywood week.