American Idol 2011 SPOILER: Who’s Getting All the Votes?

If Pia Toscano was never one of the front runners to win the American Idol crown, then who is?

Nigel Lythgoe, executive producer on the top US reality TV/talent show revealed that Pia Toscano had never topped the poll on public votes. So who has caught the public’s imagination? Who is consistently pulling in the high numbers of voters?

TMZ have had their spies out and they say that, according to American Idol insiders,
Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina have consistently scored the top votes. James Durbin is also said to score a top three place on a regular basis.

Two other contestants who have consistently scored highly with the voters are Jacob Lusk and Casey Abrams.

The same insiders confirm what Nigel Lythgoe said, that Pia Toscano was usually in the middle of the field, until she tried something up-tempo and plunged into the elimination spot. Perhaps being booted off American Idol will work in her favour, though. It never did Adam Lambert any harm, did it? TMZ say they have it on good authority that Pia will sign to Interscope Records anyway.

So, Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina are America’s most popular American Idol contestants this season. I admit that the idea of Scotty being one of the most voted for contestants each week gave me a little squeal of excitement. I always expected to see James up there with the most popular. I also like the talented teddy bear that is Casey Abrams. But I was more surprised about Lauren and Jacob. How about you? Who is your American Idol 2011?

19 Responses to “American Idol 2011 SPOILER: Who’s Getting All the Votes?”

1. I blog often and I seriously appreciate your information.
    This great article has really peaked my interest.

I’m going to take a note of your blog and keep checking for new information about once a week. I subscribed to your Feed too.

2. Jerry says:

My son is afflicted with the same disorder as james. I was not aware of this until later in the competition. James is an incredible singer and performer its easy to see who has the heart to win this competition. Its easy to see who is going to be the next AMERICAN IDOL!!!!! Go james

3. jerry says:

Look the bottom line is james will win .he can sing and perform he gets the people and stage rock’en

4. Joyce says:

James is butter faaarrrrrr!!! The very best singer/entertainer in this group and it is no wonder the teens vote for Scotty and Lauren even though Scotty and Lauren are good as well they are getting votes from teenagers that are to busy blind and young to see their own talents much less to vote for the one with the best talent it’s not Scotty and Lauren but they really are good. I have thoroughly enjoyed this season know matter who wins Paul James and Casey brought the “it” factor this season and having Jennifer and steven well that too was a good move I never realized how much negativity Simon brought to the table every week til he was gone. That was a good thing I’ll bet Boone would tell him that though :)

5. Georgia says:

Love Scotty’s voice….and listen to him over &over without boredom…will continue to vote for him, even if they force him to sing his A,B,C’s. Jimmy Livine (or waterever his name is) said it best last night…If you’ve got Johnny Cash on stage you don’t ask him to spread his wings. Admit “Swingin” was beneath him, but he was getting conflicting advise, and when left to his own he choses well.

6. maria says:

Jacob is amazing, will have an enormous career I think. Love Scotty too- he is truly a star. Love James, he is a rocker with heart, a thrilling combo. Lauren will be consistently good, she is solid and performs well. Casy- well, you either like him or you don’t. I like him most of the time.

7. DS says:

Correction to Olivia, Lauren has never been in the bottom. Out of the choice of her and Scotty, it has got to be Lauren! Scotty sings every song the same way. An album would be quite boring after song three.

8. Jena says:

I don’t like Scotty, he’s not that entertaining to see preform in my opinion. Yea he’s got that unique, deep country sound…but we already have a Josh Turner, we don’t need a replica. I think the main reason Scotty’s getting so many votes is because all of these little girls that think he’s cute, it always seems to go that way. When there’s a contestant that the young teens think is cute they go crazy with the votes they send to them. I don’t think his talent is strong enough to keep him in this competition, and if by chance he ends up winning Idol, he’ll do like most do and will never be heard of again. To me, Lauren, James, Casey & Hailey are the best. Stefano is boring and Jacob is just too choir boy for me. And all those goofy facial expressions he makes when he sings is just too much, I can’t stand to watch him sing he looks like he’s in pain when he’s singing.

9. addie smith says:

i love the judges. jennifer is so sincere, nothing like kara who was stuck on herself

10. addie smith says:

i like scotty, lauren and casey in that order. i always thought scotty was special from the first. the happiness and innocence in his eyes. pia stood out as different and not in the same catergory as the rest

11. Charlene says:

Scotty is the best !!!!!!!!!! They keep saying he is a one trick pony. Ask Jacob,James or Casey to sing country, they wouldn’t have a prayer of pulling it off. Let Scotty sing country and don’t expect him to be anyone other then what he is. I love his voice and what he stands for.

12. Max says:

OMG I can’t stand James! He is soo cocky & obnoxious. If I was the other contestants I would be so annoyed that James gets all these things to help him get more votes! First Hulk Hogan & the WWE belt and now Zakk Wylde and the whole heavy metal fan base. So unfair. All these things do though is hide the fact that James is not a very good singer when he’s not screaming.

I hope & pray Lauren wins!!!!

13. Cindy says:

The Tea Party people are voting for Scotty. He is their Tennessee Ernie Ford.

I love Casey! Believe me AE, he has a fan base. Paul needs to go. He is not very strong. I miss Simon!

14. Olivia says:

Since Lauren, Jacob, and Casey have all been in the bottom with Casey being voted off until saved, its hard to believe they are pulling high numbers. I do believe Scotty is the top voter consistantly but for the life of me I cannot understand why.

15. Whitey says:

Paul should be the next Idol. I am very surprised he is not mentioned above!

16. kpcher says:

Gosh, I really don’t like to say ‘anything’ bad about anyone. It’s just the way I am. However, that being said…here I go; the truth of the matter is (IMO), I have ‘never’ thought that Pia was one of the best singers. Infact, I didn’t think she should have been in the top 10. And so it didn’t surprise me to see her go. I’m sure she is a wonderful, sweet, kind, young lady. No doubt she has loads of talent. Obviously she is adored by her fellow idol contestants. I wish her tons of good luck and good health. For sure I did not enjoy her song choices, which are extremely important. Again, I wish her nothing but good things in the future.

17. shirley says:

Scotty should me the next american idol but if the judges have any thing to do with it he will go home.

18. AEvangelista says:

No way. Pia was Top 3 or 4. She was getting a powerful “Jersey Shore” vote. Lauren cannot be tops because her country vote is being eaten up by Scotty. She’s getting left-overs. Casey got eliminated already, remember? He doesn’t have much of a fan base.

19. Aly says:

Scotty, James, Lauren and Haley are my favorites that are left!! :)