The TLC reality show “Kate Plus 8” has been canceled. There will be no more regular series filmed or aired after the one currently showing at the moment. However, there may be some periodic one-off specials to show how the Gosselin kids grow.
“Kate Plus 8,” the spin off show from “Jon & Kate Plus 8,” has been cancelled due to poor viewing figures. Kate Gosselin had already been warned that this would happen if ratings did not improve. Well, it seems that they haven’t.
Kate Gosselin became an obsession with the American public. But lately the show was struggling and so TLC decided to pull the plug on it.
The cable network announced Monday, “By the end of this season ‘Kate Plus 8’ will have hit the 150 episode mark” (including ‘Jon & Kate Plus 8’ before the couple split up).
They called that “an exceptional milestone” and promised to check in with Kate Gosselin and her children from time to time with specials in the future.
But Kate Gosselin, a single mom with eight kids, has another reason to be unhappy. She just admitted in her reality TV show that she is lonely and does not like being single.
In the episode aired last night, Kate said,
“I miss having another parent here.” But she had to have a dig at her ex-husband Jon Gosselin and say, “Not the parent that was here.”
However, despite their very public and acrimonious split, Kate says she wouldn’t change any of it.
“I wouldn’t change my marriage because I have eight awesome kids that I wouldn’t change,” she said.
However, there clearly isn’t any lost between the ex-spouses. “People change and they’re not who you thought they were and if they’re not for you move on and I have,” she said.
Now Kate Gosselin will have to move on without being the star of “Kate Plus 8.”